Lymphedema is a swelling of a body part, most often a leg or an arm. It can also occur in the face, neck, abdomen or genitals. It is the result of abnormal accumulation of protein-rich edema fluid in the affected area.
At Comprehensive Physical Therapy Center, Inc. we treat lymphedema using Complete Decongestive Therapy which consists of the following:
- Manual Lymph Drainage – a gentle, rhythmical hands-on technique to assist in directing lymph fluid away from the swollen body part.
- Compression – we use multi-layer compression wrapping with compression garments to control swelling.
- Skin Care – the patient is educated on meticulous skin care to avoid cellulitis or any other infection.
- Remedial Exercise – exercises are performed with the bandages in place to increase lymph circulation.
- Patient Education – this is provided to make sure the patient knows signs/symptoms of lymphedema progression and infection and how to avoid/manage further swelling.
No Hospital-Based Fees or Facility Fees
Your cost will be your insurance co-pay for treatment sessions, AND NO hospital-based fee or facility fee added to your co-pay or out-of-pocket costs. The cost of bandages/compression garment depend on your insurance coverage. We supply bandages at a reduced rate. We work hard to keep costs affordable so that you can get the care you need.
BACK TO SERVICES